For fresh jam at any time, freeze the
berries and make the jam at your convenience. There are three
recommended ways to freeze strawberries.
Fantastic Frozen Berries
3 cups sugar
Put washed berries in a large bowl and add sugar; mix carefully. Mix SURE JELL and 1 cup of water. Boil one minute. Pour mixture over berries and mix carefully. Let berries stand 10 minutes. Spoon into containers, leaving 1-inch head space and freeze. This preparation makes the berries bright red with a slightly thickened sauce and "like-fresh" berries.
Strawberry Banana Bread
1 c. vegetable oil, plus more for the cassarole dish
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Oil and flour a 9x13 in. casserole dish. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
2. In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Add the sugar, oil, vanilla lemon zest and whisk to combine. Mash the bananas (you should get about 1 cup) and stir into the egg mixture. and mix just until incorporated. Fold in the strawberries and walnuts.
3. Transfer the batter to the prepared dish and bake until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes about clean, about 45-50 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the
confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Spread the icing over the
warm cake, then let cool completely.
Easy Strawberry Cream Pie
16 oz. whole frozen strawberries, thawed
Thaw 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen whole strawberries; place in food processor. Add 1/4 cup sugar; pulse just until berries are finely chopped. Add 4 oz. softened cream cheese; process just until blended. Spoon into large bowl. Add 2 pkg vanilla flavored instant pudding; stir for 2 minutes. Gently stir in 1 1/2 cups thaed cool whip topping; spoon into crust. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm. Garnish with 1 1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries just before serving.
Strawberry S'more Tart
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. In small bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Press mixture in bottom and up sides of 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom or 9 inch pie pan. (If using tart pan, place on cookie sheet for easier handling.) Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool.
2. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, heat whipping cream until bubbles form around the edge of pan. Remove from heat; add chocolate and stir until melted. Cook over low heat until all of chocolate is melted, stirring constantly. Cool 5 minutes or until lukewarm.
3. Place sliced strawberries in single layer in crust. Pour melted chocolate mixture over strawberries.
4. Place marshmallow cream in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on Medium for 30 seconds or until softened. Stir just until smooth. Quickly drop marshmallow creame by spoonfuls over chocolate layer. With tip of knife, swirl marshmallow creme and chocolate to marble.
5. Arrange 8 strawberries evenly around edge of tart. Refridgerate at least 30 minutes before serving to set chocolate.
Strawberry Marshmallow Pie
1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as
directed on box
1. Heat oven to 450 degrees. Make 1 pie crust as directed on box using 9 inch glass pie plate. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
2. Unroll remaining pie crust on work surface. With desired cookie cutters, cut shapes from crust. Place on ongreased cookie sheet; bake 6-8 minutes or until light brown. Cool.
3. In medium bowl, beat cream cheese with
electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. Stir in marshmallow
creame. In large bowl, mix strawberries and pie glaze. Reserve 1 cup
strawberry mixture; set aside. Spoon about 1/3 of the marshmallow mixture
into pie crust; top with remaining strawberry mixture, and the remaining 2/3
marshmallow mixture. Top with 1 cup reserved strawberry mixture. Arrange cut
outs over filling. Cover; refrigerate at least 8 hours until set, but not
firm. Store covered in refrigerator.